Insulation is a material type that acts as a barrier to the cold and heat floor. Over the past few years, the demand for this product significantly went up. Therefore, many products are available in the market today, but choosing the right type is a challenge.
However, every product available in Australia is a unique product in its own terms and benefits. Today, we explain those Insulation types in detail; so you would pick the best for your property.
Batt Thermal Barriers: As the oldest, but the most-used type yet, Batt is a thick material piece that acts as barriers to the cold and heat flow. The R-value is the factor that determines the thermal efficiency of those batts. Thus, the property owner should pick the right R-value according to the region or area.
* Higher the R-value, more the thermal protection.
* Insulation in this form is fibreglass products. Anyway, other alternative materials such as cellulose also now available.
* Easy installation, lifespan over 50 years, more product variation, and 100% safe on the environment are the benefits batts.
* You could install this product yourself, but make sure no mistakes made!
Rigid Panels: Relatively, a new thermal barrier type. Most of the rigid panels comprise two reflective surfaces on either side and a solid core. So, this is the only product that protects you from winter cold and summer heat in two ways. Hence, we can call it a dual-purpose product that keeps you protected in winter and summer:
* Rigid panels are more resistive to common Insulation killers.
* We don’t talk about an R-value here.
* The installation of this thermal barrier type is pretty straightforward.
* A cutting knife and a measuring tape are the tools you need for its installation.
* Because it comes as a rigid board, handling it may require more than one individual.
Blown-In: Another Insulation type that came to Australia after batts. In everyday words, this is fibreglass thermal barriers that come as small pieces. As a result, you could send the product into every nook and corner.
* Whenever the installation of batts and rigid panels is less practical due to access issues, this is the right Insulation type to use, then.
* However, you need commercial blowers to install it, making its installation a task of professional installers.
* Ideal as roof and wall insulation, but not usable as underfloor thermal barriers.
* It is advisable that you keep this product saved from water ingress as much as you can.
Reflective Barriers: A new product that is ideal for keeping heat waves away from your property. Anyway, it can reflect off cold waves, too. The fact that you could use this with other Insulation types is an added advantage. So, the principal thermal barrier keeps you protected from cold and heat, and reflective barriers strengthen the process to a greater extent.
* The installation of reflective Insulation is a piece of cake.
* Most of the time, this product comes as rolls. Therefore, you can buy the exact length you need for your project.
* When considering the price, this is a pretty affordable product.
Some Final Words: So, you can use this guide when you look for Insulation for your home or next project. IBS is a leading supplier of all these products; call us today for more information!